‘Take Off’ is an upcoming Malayalam film, directed by Mahesh Narayanan, and which stars Kunchacko Boban, Fahadh Faasil and Parvathy in key roles. Here are the 5 reasons, why I really look forward to watching this film.
1. ‘Take Off’ marks the directorial debut of Mahesh Narayanan, renowned editor with an impressive filmography that consists of films as ‘ Traffic’, ‘Ennu Ninte Moideen’ and ‘Nirnayakam’, and Mahesh himself has scripted the film as well.
2. ‘Take Off’ is reportedly based on a real event – that of the evacuation of the Indian nurses from Iraq – and is based in Tikirt in 2014. The film dwells on the agonizing tale of the 46 Indian nurses who made a narrow escape from ISIS captivity, and landed back on their homeland after the most horrifying ordeal ever.
3. The film has a tremendously impressive star cast that consists of Parvathy, Fahadh and Kunchacko Boban, and if we are to go by their recent performances we have ample reasons to look forward to ‘Take Off’.
4. ‘Take Off’ could very well claim to have the most impressive trailer that we have seen in recent times. Building up just the right bit of drama and interest, this is one trailer that has us begging for more.
5. The film has quite a sturdy technical team backing it up, with Sanu John Varghese wielding the camera, and Mahesh Narayanan and Abhilash Balachandran in charge of the editing. The musical score is by Shaan Rahman.