Ever since the high voltage trailer of ‘Tiyaan’ was released a couple of days backs, expectations regarding the film have sky rocketed. Here are five reasons why I believe ‘Tiyaan’ might be worthy of all the attention that it has already garnered!
- ‘Tiyaan’ marks the coming together of Prithviraj and Indrajith Sukumaran yet again, and the brothers seem to be in top form this time around. Cast in equally important roles, looks like it would be a treat to watch them in action in this socio-political thriller. Besides Prithvi and Indrajith, ‘Tiyaan’ also has Asif Ali, Rahul Pillai, Murali Gopy, Padmapriya and Ananya in key roles.
- Murali Gopy has wielded the pen yet again for ‘Tiyaan’. While his ‘Left, Right, Left’ remains a perennial favorite of mine, this will be his fourth outing as a screenwriter, and if ‘Ee Adutha Kaalathu’ and ‘LRL’ are anything to go by, I believe we might be in for some real invigorating stuff in ‘Tiyaan’.
- Reports claim that ‘Tiyaan’ has been extensively shot on stunning locales across Nasik, Trimbakeshwar, Hyderabad, Pune and Mumbai, just to name a few. The spectacular frames by Sathish Kurup in the trailer have already become the talk of the town. There have also been rumours that ‘Tiyaan’ has some stellar scenes shot during the Kumbh Mela.
- Thematically ‘Tiyaan’ is expected to spring a surprise and the trailer does not leave any clues lying around. Set somewhere in North India, ‘Tiyaan’ seems to be a turbulent tale of rights and wrongs, and the incessant warfare between the two.
- While his debut film ‘Kaanchi’ was a misfire, director Jiyen Krishnakumar seems to have left no stones unturned this time round. And come this Eid, his magnum opus ‘Tiyaan’ will grace the screens!